Systems, Systems, Systems!
Inspired by Ben Kinney;s Brivity, Bob Stewart has created a new contest for Active Rain. The contest is about consistency, as a business owner I want all my clients to have the same experience. Systems are the best way to ensure all clients get the same experience. Creating clear procedures makes sure everyone knows the process and the steps that need to be completed.
The Witt Fogleman Real Estate Team has clear steps we take for every client transaction. After long discussions with our closing coordinator, she prefers the old fashioned method of a paper check sheet. So each transaction (new listings, buyer contract, listing sale, rental application/ lease) has an elaborate set of steps she does. Needless to say, her top responsibility is to communicate these steps to the client and all parties involved. I get a morning update and if anything issues arise during the day, she will advise me.
One of our closing coordinator's most important tasks is to try to solve an issues before it becomes one. Mistakes happen, sometimes there is miscommunication, whatever the reason it is her job is to find them early and correct them.
Witt Fogleman Closing Action Plan -Buyer
- Ratified Contract
- Submit escrow check to KW Lynchburg
- Home Inspection
- Agreed Home Repairs Completed
- Contact Lender and submit contract to Lender
- Full loan application complete
- Results of Appraisal (One week following appraisal)
- Determine closing location, schedule closing, submit contract to closer
- Check with buyer for insurance policy.
- Seller order deed prep
- Follow up with lender week 2
- Follow up with lender week 3
- Check in with buyer-
- Discus with buyer Insurance options.
- Follow up with lender week 4-if well test is required- find out lists of tests required
- Contact other agent
- Follow up with lender week 5
- Check in with Buyer
- Discuss utilities providers coordinate their transfer with other agent.
- Request results of termite – well and septic
- Follow up with lender week 6
- Follow up with other agent
- Select closing gift
- Walk through with buyer-secure keys for buyer
- Take picture of Buyers in front of house
- Attend closing
- Ask for referral
- Get buyers to fill out and sign satisfaction survey-Reference?
- Pick up Check and HUD from closing office
New Home Team
For new Homes or homes new to you!
Scott Fogleman is a Realtor serving Richmond VA, Lynchburg, VA, Roanoke,VA, and Smith Mountain Lake, VA. He is licensed in the state of Virginia.